2012年6月13日水曜日

Mr. Murata's letter to Secretary-Genral Ban Ki-moon 4 June 2012


4 June, 2012

Dear Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon,

Please allow me to express my admiration for your untiring devotion to the
cause of peace and humanity.

I am sending you the English version of the massage I have addressed to
Prime Minister Noda. Also attached is an Urgent International Appeal to
Stop the restart of the Ohi nuclear reactors by a civic organization.

I believe that the lesson of the Fukushima nuclear accident is that
the possibility of such tragedy totally unbearable to human society should be
made completely zero. Japan has now the historic duty to contribute to the realization
of true denuclearization, both civil and military.

The situation on the spot is aggravating. The International Community is becoming aware that the serious consequences of the Fukushima nuclear accident are threatening global security, and is demanding that the maximum efforts be made to cope with the critical situation. As you know, 324 civic organizations are calling for a total moratorium on all Japanese nuclear power and immediate intervention of the United Nations.

I am convinced that this critical issue deserves most serious consideration on your part.
Please allow me to count on your precious support.

With highest and warmest regards,
Mitsuhei Murata